Here is a simple explanation for how to load a linetype. I decided to demonstrate how to do so for an appropriate layer but a line type can be loaded from the “Properties” panel as well.
- In the Layer Dialog box, under the “Linetype” column, click on the linetype name that is set to your layer. In the example shown, it is set to “Continuous.”
- A Dialog box “Select Linetype” will appear
- Click the “Load” button
- Another dialog box “Load or Reload Linetypes” will display. It is from this long list of linetypes that you need to select the specific linetype.
- Click OK.
- The linetype is loaded but it isn’t assign to the layer.
- So now that you are back in the “Select Linetype” dialog box, select the newly loaded linetype and then click OK.
- The linetype is now loaded in the drawing and assigned to a layer
The loaded linetype can also be seen in the Properties palette and in the Properties panel of the ribbon on the Home tab of the ribbon.