The SDG Academy online education platform recently launched a series of free online courses on topics ranging from sustainable development and urbanization to climate change and the use of natural resources. According to the description on its website, SDG Academy “creates and curates free, top-level courses on sustainable development for students around the world.”
In dealing with a variety of subjects, each of these courses presents a current challenge for the planet – whether related to the increasing urban population or to human rights and the problem of feeding seven billion people – and possible solutions for the balance of human development.
These are the courses currently available:
- Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace
- Natural Resources for Sustainable Development
- From the Ground Up: Managing and Preserving Our Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Climate Action: Solutions for a Changing Planet
- Globalization: Past and Future
- Human Rights, Human Wrongs
- The Best Start in Life: Early Childhood Development for Sustainable Development
- Macroeconomics for a Sustainable Planet
- Cities and the Challenge of Sustainable Development
- The Age of Sustainable Development
- Planetary Boundaries and Human Opportunities
- Climate Change Science and Negotiations
- Transforming the World: Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- Laudato Si: On Care for Our Common Home
- Sustainable Cities
- Feeding a Hungry Planet: Agriculture, Nutrition and Sustainability
Some of the courses are now closed, but the recorded classes are still available online for free.
For more information about each course, click here.