- Architects: Neil Logan Architect
- Location: 12 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10003, United States
- Lead Architects: Neil Logan
- Mechanical Engineer: Engineering Solutions, PLLC
- Area: 2568.0 m2
- Project Year: 2010
- Photographs: Dean Kaufman
Text description provided by the architects. This Greenwich Village loft was previously used as an artist’s studio. The renovation created generous bedrooms and hidden storage for a couple and their two children. Lowering the windowsills in the open living room and kitchen maximizes sun in the common areas. A low wall with reflective glass transom windows allows daylight into the bedrooms while preserving privacy.
The south window was converted into a door to create a small outdoor balcony. Each child’s room has closets and a built-in desk, and the large storage room behind the bedrooms serves as circulation between the private rooms. Partitioning the private areas behind a single wall retained the spacious, industrial character of the space.