- Architects: Aires Mateus
- Location: Tournai, Belgium
- Authors: Manuel and Francisco Aires Mateus
- Project Leader: Jorge P Silva
- Area: 7010.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Tim Van de Velde
- Collaborators: Susana Rodrigues, Joana Carmo Simões, Vânia Fernandes, Sara Nobre, Sofia Paradela, Inês Gulbenkian, Bernardo Sousa Isabel Sousa, Aiden Thornhill, Théophile Legrain, Antoine Pruvost, Charles Cossement
- Engineering: Tradeco
- Constructor: Tradeco
- Client: Université Catholique de Louvain
From the architect. The project occupies the interior of a historical city block where buildings from different identities and periods coexist. There are two industrial buildings and a convent that has been used as a hospital. The new building is positioned in order to bond together each of these structures and to define new external spaces.
All the existing buildings are connected vertically and horizontally throughout the block. Inside, public functions are sheltered, like the foyer and auditorium, operating not only as passage spaces and meeting places but also as a part of a new identity.