- Architects: Robert Young Architects
- Location: Amagansett, United States
- Lead Architects: Robert Young, Robert Deacon, Eva Ouano
- Area: 200.0 ft2
- Project Year: 2015
- Photographs: Frank Oudeman
- Structural Engineer: Robert Silman Associates
- General Contractor: Aran Construction Inc.
- Landscape Contractor: Summerhill Landscapes, Inc
Text description provided by the architects. A lot of design projects start with problem-solving, and this pool house, on Long Island’s East End, was no exception. Building codes in the Hamptons specify that a pool house can only contain 200 square feet of interior space.
Here, the interior section — maxing out at exactly 200 square feet, and enclosable by folding doors — was carefully crafted to maximize the space: it contains a kitchenette, bathroom, day bed and chair.
A trellised area, designed for lounging and relaxing, connects it to a garage, where this family keeps all their beach-going essentials, from surfboards to Jeeps. Natural elements, from marble to bluestone to wisteria vines, connect the space to its environment.